Tuesday 19 February 2013

Racquetball and Caribou Scramble | Maple and Me

Maple and myself have got some goals to work on our fitness. Faithful devotees of this blog will remember that, on one of my very first Fashion Fridays, I talked about feeling like my body was showing the effects of working a 9-5 desk job. Maple and myself both feel like our bodies are also reflecting the happy-happy-eat-eat-we?re-a-couple-we?re-so-happy-we-connect-so-much-and-eat-together-ALL-THE-TIME-you-want-brie?-I-want-brie!-happy-happy-OH-MY-GOD-NONE-OF-MY-CLOTHES-FIT realization of mid-December.

So we made a goal to be more consciously active. I feel like we?re already fairly active people; hauling water, chopping firewood, hiking a Trapline etc. However, Maple and myself wanted to find an activity that was a) Cardiovascular b) Able to consistently meet 1-2 times a week and c) Not running.

Maple remembered that he loved racquetball and I remembered that I love competitive sports. We patiently waited til Payday, geared up with some racquets, eye protection, and racquetballs and got a membership to the Student Recreation Center (affectionately known as the SRC round here.)

Last Wednesday was the first day we played and we had a ton of fun. We?re trying to start slow and meet just once a week right now. After we get in a good habit, we?ll up it to twice a week. I currently rehearse Improv twice a week as well, so three nights of after-work commitments is enough for right now.

I took a few photos. It?s so interesting to me what different filters on the Hipstamatic app do. The first photo is what the filter originally said it looked like, the second photo is what the Racquetball court actually looks like.

404962_782380915852_69290274_n560159_782380920842_1117191110_nMaple and myself then went home, tired and hungry. Maple made a fire and and quickly whipped up a delicious dish which he named, ?Caribou Scramble.? Photos follow?

Sauteed deliciousness.

Sauteed deliciousness.

Caribou, carrots, celery, garlic, onions and mushrooms.

Caribou, carrots, celery, garlic, onions and mushrooms.

Add some eggs.

Add some eggs.

Not a spatula. Maple is conscientiously individually softening tortillas.

Not a spatula. Maple is conscientiously individually softening tortillas.

Make a yummy caribou scramble breakfast burrito.

Make a yummy caribou scramble breakfast burrito.

I assemble.

I assemble.

Happy Maple.

Happy Maple.

Cheers and Love,

Maple and Me

Like this:

Be the first to like this.

Source: http://annalgh.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/racquetball-and-caribou-scramble/

snooki amy schumer amy schumer Prince Harry Vegas pictures Avril Lavigne Microsoft Tropical Storm Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment