Wednesday 6 June 2012

Diabetes and Obesity Leads to Premature Death | Fitness ...

I am rather upset. America has had some really great changes through the years and some that are leading to health epidemics. I am a child of the 1960?s and our mother had to call us inside to eat supper every evening and then again when it got dark. We never wanted to be sitting down in front of an electronic device or television. Our lives were spent outside exploring the neighborhood. We played with our friends. Pick up games of kickball and softball were common during the warmer months of the year.

Did you know that 1 out of 5 children are obese?

Did you know that type 2 Diabetes is increasing in children at an alarming rate?

By the year 2030, 1 out of every 3 people in North America will have Diabetes.

Here is how this epidemic got started and has flourished. I am just writing what I thought about the situation from my own personal life experience.

  • In the 1960?s Fast Food Restaurants Appeared
  • Mothers Took Jobs Outside the Home
  • Families Slowly Quit Eating Home Cooked Meals at the Dinner Table
  • Color Televisions Became Affordable for Most Homes
  • Super Sized Meals and Big Gulp Sugary Soft Drinks at Fast Food Restaurants
  • Technology Devices and Game Boys Keep People Occupied on a Couch

When someone sits in front of a television for extended periods of time, their creative abilities are diminished. The viewers are bombarded by advertisements for double bacon cheeseburgers with french fries and a big gulp sugary drink. So the person loses their critical thinking ability and becomes a slave to satisfy the cravings for fat and sugar that the fast food industry has in the foods these fast food companies sell.

The end result is a person that becomes dependent on the next powerful segment of society. The fast food industry now hands the obese person that either has diabetes or is pre-diabetic over to the pharmaceutical drug industry. People die from being overweight and from having diabetes.

Now the orthodox medical community practices good medicine to try and keep the diabetic from suffering from serious issues like blindness, kidney failure, loss of limbs and other health issues. The patient now will be on medication to keep the blood sugar stable for many years. There is a better way.

Did you know that eating a diet that is plant based and getting daily exercise has been proven to reverse diabetes and heart disease? I am so thankful that I had my own epiphany back in 1998 after I had eliminated cigarette smoking from my habits. I was able to lose the 70 excess pounds I was carrying around. I have since removed all poor dietary choices and only drink pure water and eat vegan recipes. I have not struggled with weight since 1998.

I woke up in time to complete a Bachelors Degree in an excellent University. Studying in college opened my mind up. I do still enjoy a few programs that come on PBS. I limit television to whether I can learn something from the show. I would rather sit with a classic book than watch television.

  • Enjoy spending an hour a day doing some form of physical activity
  • Enjoy fixing home cooked vegan meals that taste great
  • Enjoy reading books that I learn something that I did not know before
  • Enjoy looking and feeling great as I age
  • Enjoy having a positive outlook on life
  • Enjoy not being a slave to fast food industry or pharmaceutical drug industry

Are you ready to get moving? There are plenty of recipes available on my blog here:

Can you open up a few minutes of your busy day to start taking better care of yourself? If you don?t take care of you, who will?

Check out a valuable resource I found that helps me burn calories even while I am sitting here typing into my blog:

Be aware that I am not a licensed medical provider and my FDA disclaimer is found on the bottom right of all my websites pages. I have had excellent results with fitness & wellness and promote products & services that I believe in. By taking effective action and using common sense, I am prescription free and living an abundant life of wellness.

Your Partner in Success!

Danielle Parsons

360.383.0265 Pacific Weekdays

Skype: DanielleParsons1

Send Me an Email

vontaze burfict jimmy kimmel amzn white house correspondents dinner phoenix coyotes bruce irvin charlie st cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment